Like many Canadians I was touched by the Olympics and the many special moments it brought to us. It was easy to be proud Canadians from the Olympic Torch Run to the Closing ceremonies.
Here are my moments -
1) Olympic Torch Run in Baddeck
2) Opening ceremonies – bringing in the flag – seeing Betty Fox & Booby Orr.
3) The torch bearers at opening ceremonies, Olympic Games
4) Our first medal at the Games – Jennifer Heil
5) Our first gold medal for the men- Alexandre Bilodeau & his story
6) First Gold Medal for the Ladies – Maelle Ricker – Olympic Gold Snowboard Cross
7) Jon Montgomery and his walk in Whistler
8) Clara Hughes ends her Olympic Games with a Bronze and only athlete in history to win medlas in both Summer and Winter Olympics
9) Jay Jasey Anderson – speechless after winning Gold Medal – snowboard parallel Giant slalom
10) The ladies bobsled teams winning gold and silver
11) The ladies hockey team winning gold
12) Sid the Kid scoring the overtime goal – Canada wins Gold in Hockey
13) Charles Hamelin and Marianne St. Gelais relationship and cheering at games for each other
14) The mens and ladies curling teams
15) Canadian Fans singing O Canada during mens curling final
16) Joanne Rochette and her courage to compete after her mom passed away.
17) Canada winning the most gold medals in history of Winetr Games and sets a record for the host nation. 26 medals best overall for Canada.
18) The volunteers and workers at Vanacouver Games especially Cypress Mountain. Tourism BC and CTC for their promotion of Canada.
I am sure there were many more momemts…but you get the picture ..this Olympics Games were special to all Canadians.